Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about anesthesia or possibly when you should take your child to see a dentist for the first time? If you do, you are not alone. Listed below are just a few FAQs. For an extensive list by the American Dental Association visit their website under ‘Public Resources’ section ‘Oral Health Topics’ or simply click here.
- What is plaque?
- What are some tips for daily oral care?
- How do I brush and floss my teeth?
- What should every patient know about dental anesthesia?
- What are analgesics?
- What is local anesthesia?
- What is sedation and general anesthesia?
Baby Bottle Tooth Decay
- What is baby bottle tooth decay?
- What causes baby bottle tooth decay?
- Why are baby teeth important?
- How to prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
Infants and Children
- When should I take my child to see the dentist?
- Can babies get cavities?
- Is teething painful?
- Do I need to clean my baby’s mouth if there are no teeth yet?
- When should thumb sucking stop?
- Can a child lose a primary tooth too early?
- Do I need a mouth protector?
- What are the advantages of using a mouth protector?
- Are there different types of mouth protectors?
- I wear braces. Can I use a mouth protector?
- What effects can smoking have on my oral health?
- Are cigars a safe alternative to cigarettes?
- Are smokeless tobacco products safe?