- This event has passed.
Tips for a Smooth Practice Transition – Panel Discussion
January 24, 2022 @ 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
Joseph P. Crowley, DDS
Past ADA, ODA, and CDS President
Complimentary for CDS Members!
Sponsored in part by Colliers, ScrogginsGrear, and Stock Yards Bank & Trust
Note: In order to download the offline registration form, you will need to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Questions and Topics to be Addressed:
Patrick McGonigal with Colliers
- If the practice real estate is owned by the selling doctor, should we do a lease or purchase?
- How do we evaluate the practice real estate if owned by the selling doctor whether it be lease or
- If the practice real estate is in a lease with a third-party landlord, what are my options?
- If I am selling my practice and I don’t own the real estate, how can I get off the lease and not be a
- When is the right time to engage a real estate agent during the transition?
Vance Banker and Amy Murray with Stock Yards Bank & Trust
- Considerations in acquiring a practice – practice valuation, success planning, cash flow (practice &
personal), and real estate.
- Considerations in selling a practice – succession plan, retirement plan and timing.
- Equipment needs of practice.
- Financing options/solutions – Loans, LOC’S, Leases, etc.
- Why is it important to have a strong banking relationship?
Rob Scroggins with SrogginsGrear
- Objective for expansion and transition. Why and when?
- Consideration for partner vs. an associate.
- The impact of production on expansion/transition.
- Debating going to private equity route? Important considerations to keep in mind.
- Recommendations to set the stage for a smooth transition for you, the new provider, your team, and
6:15 pm: Heavy Appetizers Served and Complimentary Drink by Sponsors
7:00 to 8:30 pm: Panel Discussion Begins and Q&A Highly Encouraged.
Fee/Guest: Non-Members/Guest/Staff of CDS Member, $35 each
CE: 1.5 Hours
The Cincinnati Dental Society is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider approved by the ODA.
Upon receipt of your reservation, you will be contacted via email to ask if there are additional items or questions that you would like addressed during the panel discussion.